Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Luck be a nasty lady

So, we've been busy these past few days. Ty and I have been trying to get our classrooms together. I have brand new carpet in my room, (awesome) However that meant removing everything from my room and starting over again. Oh well...new carpet. We went to Veronica's party, the sick the fever, the worrying, (mostly me) so the fever never went away until late Sunday. So that meant no first day for Christopher.

Needless to say, on Monday, he got to take the day off. Did he have a fever? NO!! Ty and I got to attend Kindergarten Orientation with our imaginary child, C.J., or is it Chris, or is it Christopher. It was bitter sweet in knowing we were making the right choice by having him stay home, yet knowing he'd probably be fine. Oh well. The 24 hour fever rule has a purpose. It's "Pickles and Prune juice" for those of us that want to capture that moment though.

Speaking of C.J., the more times he has to write his name on his papers, I can bet he'll want to be called C.J. Or at the very minimum write C.J. I think I'm okay with him writing C.J. and being called Christopher.

So anyways, we had day two of Kindergarten. Funny, in German, Kindergarten means the garden where the children play. Well, ask him what he did during his day and he'll tell you that he got to play on the playground 3 times in a row.

Long story short, we love his teacher and think she'll be a good fit for C.J. or Chris..or whatever his name is. =)

0 comments: