Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"This is..."




So tonight was a ton of fun. For the last two seasons, Christopher has loved... I mean love American Idol. We all thought it was so strange how he could almost accurately predict who would be voted off. So Ty and I took him to see the concert.

Avery Girl, had to stay with Nannie and Poppa. That was almost a disaster because Christopher would more times than not stay with them than do something special with us. Oh well...I digress.

Before dinner, the best present was he got to eat at Jack in the Box and get Chock Sucky Chox (sp?) toys with his dinner. Enlighten me as to why chickens with afros that do karate are funny. As I type it, I get it.

Long story short.....SO MUCH FUN! Despite the weird bald guy next to us. Ty checked several times to make sure that he wasn't a "deviant", "nut case" or freak. He banged his hands and stomped harder than the 13 year olds sitting in front of us. I have a new secret crush. Michael Johns. His version of "We are the Champions" was amazing. It reminded me of one of my favorite lines from movies. "No one will be free until nerd persecution is over." That was one of the final lines from Revenge of the Nerds. As the credits rolled, so did that song.

So throughout the concert, Christopher and Ty ate the following: a huge tub of popcorn, cotton candy, 2 sprites, a bag of Skittles. He also hugged a humongo Pop Tart. The sugar in him will probably give him a case of the "sugars" tomorrow. BTW, I heard that as a funny - yet - not so funny for Type 2 diabetes.

As Ty was carrying him to the parking lot, Christopher told us his favorite part of the concert was David Cook. I love him too. However, he rattled off each snack and present he got that night too as a favorite.

One of the sweetest parts though was when he realized that we were taking him home and not picking up Avery. In his weariness and sugar coma, he started to loose it because he, "will just miss Avery too much" "She needs me" "I don't care if she's grumpy if we wake her, I love her." The awesome part was that God sent two coyotes down our street to distract him enough to get his mind off of her.

Anyways, there's no one hopping into my bed tonight, so after a really awesome episode of Shear Genius, I think I'm going to bed.

Gina

0 comments: