Sunday, June 29, 2008

Threshing Floor Rule #22

P.S. Check off 90210 and swim.....shoes tomorrow!!

We've officially been home for a week now. What a week! I had night out with some San Diego girls, and then had a much needed time with my Biola girls. Girl friends are such a blessing. We all promised to do this more often. We'll see. =)

The much more pressing issue has been cleaning our house. It's so funny how upset I was that Sylvia, our house cleaner, didn't show up on Tuesday. Okay..maybe tomorrow, maybe she'll return Ty's phone calls...nothing. Wow. It's not like she's on our payroll. However, I think her unanswering our not returning phone calls was one of our biggest blessings. I had already planned on doing this, but check this out.

From Christopher and Avery's closet (one full bag of clothes) From one section of my hang up clothes and dresser (another bag). I actually had maternity tops and dresses from both pregnancies stuffed away. I filled up two bags of Christopher's old junky toys for trash, we threw away so many so old and dumb CDs, old popsicles that found their way to the bottom of the freezer. I'm embarrassed that I'm not even finished listing the things we've put away or thrown away. We've even extended this to our garden and some "overgrown" plants.

Getting rid of the crap has been so cleansing. Without sounding too new agish... it's really negative energy. Living with junk and useless stuff does nothing but prohibit new life.

Christopher loves his new toy shelf. It's too funny how Mr. "drop his drawers" is so anal about his sister putting stuff in it's proper place.

So new goals:
*finish office
*clean out my shoes
*finish my closet
*clean out hope chest (do i really need each dinosaur painting?)
*consolidate craft drawers
*decide which holiday mugs mean the most
*organize Avery's letters
*put the remaining old or new pictures in frames of books
*paint kitchen
*blow bubbles
*make hopscotch
*see Sex and the City
*swim
*do nothing in the afternoon but watch old 90210 reruns
*hi-lights
*Sea World fireworks
*Curves
*do morning work for Theme 1


That's about it....

Sounds like fun



0 comments: