Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Big Boy




We're in Palm Springs. School just got out on Friday, so our summer has officially started. We started coming to this resort when Christopher was 2. Now, Avery is 2. It's quite amazing where 7 years gets you to.

My baby boy, has never had the opportunity to be a baby. From the moment he was born, people kept telling me how big he was..is. In my heart, I know the fact that he'll grow up to be big is a good thing. That's why I feel in love with his dad. He's a big man with a tender heart. However, his size has held him back sometimes. He was late to crawl, walk, talk. All those things important things. I've felt bad for him several times because he'd throw a tantrum when he was 4, yet he looked like a 7 year old. Long story short, he's always been amazingly smart, yet physical things have been more difficult for him.

However, today was a new day. Ty had to drive home to San Diego for an interview. (Cross your fingers). So it was just Christopher, Avery, and me at the pool. Not once but multiple times, Christopher told me to not grab him, scoot further away as he jumped in (with no hands) It was amazing! He felt so brave and confident at this "seemingly" simple skill of swimming. He had no fear as he held his breath, and blew bubbles under the water. He actually floated and was coordinated enough "kinda" to almost master floating and kicking at the same time. It was precious.

Whereas, little Miss Daredevil was quite content with her pool ring floatie, her old lady visor her mom makes her wear, and her pink swim socks. She was so annoyed with them because they got wet. Shocker..we're in the pool.

So anyways, my little baby became a big boy on the inside today.

Love,Gina


0 comments: