Monday, June 23, 2008

First Full Day

Today was my first full day on summer vacation without Ty. We did the total stay at home mommy thing. We got haircuts, swimming lessons, dentist, and made dinner.

While I was cooking dinner, Ty slayed several bees in the backyard. I use that word slayed minimally. Only because dragons are things that get slayed. However, Ty felt that word was indicative of his bravery for saving his children from an anaphalix scare.

Speaking of dinner, I had a FoodNetwork moment. I was inspired by Giada to make a super simple stromboli for dinner. We were only missing one ingredient that Ty was able to easily pick up while he need his aloe (another story) and my swiffer juice (yet another story).

However, when I tried to pop it in the oven, I was overwhelmed with chemicals. You see two days ago I tried my second attempt at roasting a chicken. All was going well until the last few moments. That moment, when you think, "wow, I did a good job" That's when I splattered chicken juice all over the front of the oven and some of it my chest. By the way 2nd degree burns compliment a new tan nicely. My attempt at 34 to clean an oven by myself bit me in the "arse" because I laid a layer so thick of Easy Off (is that it's name), it was spewing chemical juice all over my oven into a chemical cloud in my oven. I'm surprise HAZMAT wasn't called.

So being at home is great, but it also calls for a day ended with rolled tacos on the table outside.

Love,G


P.S. That awesome desert scene at the bottom..yeah that's not us. I tried to post a picture and got that. It looks nice though


0 comments: